Unknown weird facts Part one
1. There is a species of jellyfish that is biologically immortal. It is called the Turritopsis dohrnii, and it can revert to its juvenile polyp state when it is under stress.
2. The shortest war ever was between Britain and Zanzibar in 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
3. In ancient Egypt, people used a contraceptive called crocodile dung. They believed it prevented pregnancies, but it was not effective.
4. Some species of male seahorses can get pregnant and give birth to their young.
5. The fingerprints of a koala are so indistinguishable from humans that they have been known to interfere with forensic investigations.
6. During World War II, the British army built a fake army made of inflatable tanks, cardboard planes, and fake radios to deceive the Germans.
7. There is a village in India called Shani Shingnapur where no doors or locks are installed on houses. The villagers believe that the Hindu god Shani will protect them from any theft.
8. The sound of a whip cracking is not made by the whip itself but by a small sonic boom created by the tip of the whip breaking the sound barrier.
9. In 1987, a man named Mathias Rust flew a small Cessna plane from Germany to Moscow and landed on Red Square, right in front of the Kremlin, without being intercepted by the Soviet air defense system.
10. There is a species of bacteria called Deinococcus radiodurans that can survive extreme radiation levels, vacuum, freezing, and dehydration, making it one of the most resilient organisms on the planet.